Saint Cecilia Fall Educational Acting After School Program
We are back Saint Cecilia Students!
Due to COVID-19, outside programs are not allowed back in St.Cecilia yet so we have booked two large rooms (one for Little Sparkies Sk- Grade 3 & other for Big Sparx Grade 4-Grade 6) at Windermere United Church for St. Cecilia students only!
Why?- We were very upset to have our program postponed again and strongly believe that children should be learning our fun acting games and significant social-emotional skills! (Especially now!) Please read below to view all of our COVID-19 procedures as your child's safety is our top priority.
Please note that we have added 15 extra minutes to each class!
Sparx Studio, located in Bloor West Village, will be running an after-school program at 356 Windermere Ave for SK-Grade 6 students every Thursday for 8 weeks!
Time: 3:45 PM to 5:15 PM
All Class Dates: October 15, 22, 29, November 5, 12, 19, 26, December 3rd, 2020. *Dec 3rd will be the day of their performance for family and friends!
Sparx uses objectives from the Ontario Curriculum and integrates them within fun and popular acting activities! The workshops use play-based learning and acting techniques to teach students invaluable life skills, such as:
- Conveying and expressing thoughts, feelings, messages, or ideas through the arts
- Improving confidence, communication and public speaking skills
- Using problem solving skills & taking an innovative approach to challenges (ie: bullying, feeling anxious)
- Understanding cultural, environmental and social justice issues
- Constructing personal and cultural identity (develop a strong sense of self and relationship with others)
- Collaborating to create work with others and performing in ensembles
- Making connections between the arts and other subjects (i.e. transferring knowledge skills and understanding to other areas in and outside of the classroom)
The children will also write and perform a play that will be presented to friends and family on the last day of their program!
EXTRA INFORMATION-PLEASE READ BEFORE CHECKOUT
- For SK- Grade 6 St.Cecilia students only.
*Please contact us in advance at email@example.com or 437-925-8559 if you have any special requests or questions about registering your child(ren).
*No promo codes can be used for this purchase as it is a school affiliated program.
*You will be required to sign a COVID waiver in order for your child to participate. (Please email if you have additionally questions on this).
*All that is required for class time for your child is comfortable clothing, a small snack, a water bottle, and any necessary medicial devices/equipment. (A detailed course email will be sent to you a week before your course start date providing more information).
-Min. of 3 kids per week needed for a course to run. If not met, customers will receive a full credit or refund.
-Two rooms will be booked (Little Sparkies and Big Sparx) if we do not get enough sign ups for each group the groups will be combined.
*We are running all of our Sparx In-Person programs in accordance to Toronto Public Health's childcare COVID protocols and procedures. Please read below for full details:
Our COVID-19 Sparx Fall Course Procedures:
- All Sparx instructors will receive extra, in-depth COVID-19 response training in order to follow up to date provincial health and safety rules for childcare.
- Only 10 people will be allowed in one course group (including instructors) as per provincial regulations.
- All students, instructors and guardians will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and asked questions about how they feel before entering each class. If your child or anyone else in your household feels unwell, been in contact with someone with COVID or have been outside of Ontario in the past 14 days, we will ask you to go home. If you're already feeling unwell the morning of your class, please stay home and email us before your class to let us know you are unable to make it; however as much advance notice as possible is preferred (i.e. if you feel unwell the day before, then please email us then).
- All students will be encouraged to stay socially distant as best as they can. We fully understand that this is difficult for children and will always regulate this in a realistic and gentle manner.
- We will follow the current childcare laws in regards to mask wearing at the time of the course and update you in the week before email.
- The classroom and bathrooms will be wiped down before and after class. (and during if needed).
- Children will have 3 hand washing breaks through out the class.
- We will have plenty of hand sanitizer and bacterial cleaning spray on hand.
- We will have a response plan if a child shows symptoms of COVID-19 or if we think they have been exposed.
- Daily attendance will be recorded to track any contact.
- All drop-offs and pick-ups will be made outside of the building. No parents or visitors will be allowed inside.
- Our final 'Sparx Showcase' (the play they will write and perform on the last day) will be performed outside and everyone will practice social distancing.
- We have removed the majority of our toys and game equipment that could easily spread germs.
- Any equipment that we do give the kids (i.e. colouring pencils) will be sanitized and distributed by an instructor before and after use.
- All Sparx lessons and activities have been modified to work (and still be fun!) with all of these changes.
Sparx offers a generous and consistent refund and course credit policy. We know that things can change and we want to be fair to you while protecting our small business:
- If we are notified 10 days or more before the first class: We will happily either fully refund your fees minus a 7.5% processing fee OR fully credit your payment towards a future program within the next 12 months!
- If you notify us within 9 to 4 days before the first class: At this point we have little chance of booking another student after reserving this space for you! We are happy to split your payment with you and refund you 50% of your fees. We are also happy, if you choose, to keep 75% of your payment and credit it towards a future program within the next 12 months!
- Notification within 72 hours before a course begins: This is very hard on our small business. But we still want to help! We will refund you 30% of your fees. We are also happy, if you choose, to keep your payment and credit 50% of it towards a future program within the next 12 months!
*Please note that anything COVID related is not an exemption to this policy. We thank you for your understanding.
**If Sparx Studio, our location facility or the City of Toronto decides to not allow in-person classes due to COVID-19, Sparx will offer a discounted virtual course in its place. If the customer chooses to opt out of the virtual program, they can choose between a full credit with no expiry date or a refund minus a 5% processing fee. **
BEFORE YOU COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING...
Please make sure you have read and agreed to our COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures before checkout. If you do not agree with one or more of these please do not sign up at this time.
Please answer all of the questions in the mandatory information box in the upper right corner of the sign up page to guarantee you won't be bothered later for missing information. You will receive a confirmation email to ensure your payment was received and an additional email providing details about the class.