St.Cecilia's Educational Acting After School Program
Educational Acting is coming to St. Cecilia in January!
Sparx Studio, located in Bloor West Village, will be running an after-school program at St. Cecilia every Wednesday, for 8 weeks, beginning January 22nd for SK-Grade 8 students.
Time: 3:15 PM to 4:30 PM
All Class Dates: Jan 22nd, Jan 29th, Feb 5th, Feb 12th, Feb 19th, Feb 26th, March 4th and March 11th.
*March 11th will be the day of their performance for family and friends!
Sparx uses objectives from the Ontario Curriculum and integrates them within fun and popular acting activities! The workshops use play-based learning and acting techniques to teach students invaluable life skills, such as:
- Conveying and expressing thoughts, feelings, messages, or ideas through the arts
- Improving confidence, communication and public speaking skills
- Using problem solving skills & taking an innovative approach to challenges (ie: bullying, feeling anxious)
- Understanding cultural, environmental and social justice issues
- Constructing personal and cultural identity (develop a strong sense of self and relationship with others)
- Collaborating to create work with others and performing in ensembles
- Making connections between the arts and other subjects (i.e. transferring knowledge skills and understanding to other areas in and outside of the classroom)
The children will also write and perform a play that will be presented to friends and family on the last day of their program!
- For SK- Grade 8 St.Cecilia students only.
- Please answer all of the questions in the mandatory information box in the upper right corner of the sign up page to guarantee you won't be bothered later for missing information. You will receive a confirmation email to ensure your payment was received and an additional email providing details about the course.